Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Reflection of November and December



Life is still moving fast.  Danny and I made a trip to Missouri the last of October to see  family and friends before the weather got bad.  We got back and in two weeks got the news that my older brother, Steve, had died in Colorado while helping friends cut wood.  We then made another trip back to Missouri for his memorial at Purdin, Mo the weekend before Thanksgiving.  This time we drove through snow and poor road conditions  in Michigan and Indiana.
Good-By Steve, we miss you...I will miss your stories and your laugh.  I think often of Steve and Dad being together now...so many trucking stories, talking about the good times and family and your grandchildren...Dad and Steve both loved their grandchildren!
Steve and Sandy with Shawn and Brian and Shawn's daughter Steph with baby Reyden and our mother.

  


Since being back home I have been decorating for Christmas.  It is so much fun going out in the yard and cutting greenery and making centerpieces and making garland for the fireplace.  Christmas music, hot cup of coffee, and baking cakes and cookies...Evan likes to help too!

Centerpiece for the table.


I had good help decorating the Christmas tree...Evan loves to celebrate!

Here you see who gets to climb to the top to decorate and who has to bend over to decorate those lower branches.
I made this for Angie and took it to her house for her birthday.


The temps have dropped and the snow has been falling.  We now get up and Danny gets out the snow blower and clears the driveway...I take the shovel and broom and clean off the steps and patio.  We have our morning coffee and cereal and then back out to clear it all again...the forecast doesn't even mention a warm up, in fact snow is in the forecast into next week.



Snow in the backyard. Wish I could capture all the snow falling while taking the pictures.


14 days until Christmas

Evan loves birthday parties and birthday cakes...he helped Papa blow out the candles.




My sweet cousin, Shirley with her husband, Johnny.  Merry Christmas to both of you!
I received an email asking permission to use one of my sheep pictures.  I said sure.  I was so excited the day that I got an envelop from Pipestone Vet Supply and it had a calendar in it....my picture of some of my ewes is the the November page of their calendar....I miss my sheep and Lady and Sadie so much but I know that God has other plans for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.