Saturday, August 2, 2014

Gilmore Red Barn Car Show

Today was the Red Barns Spectacular XXIV Car show at Gilmore's.   The first thing we saw after we went through the gate is this old truck...but when we stepped into the buildings,  the old cars are lined up, music of the period playing, even displays of clothing of the period....beautiful!  Danny has been here a few times but it was my first time...but not my last!   Gilmores is only 7 or 8 miles from our house.  There were suppose to be over 1000 cars here today.  We did not make it all the way out to the outer fences....our feet hurt, our energy was gone and we kept looking until we got hungry and so tired that we had to quit.  I wish I could have had my cousin Shirley and her husband John with us today.  John worked for Ford for many years and I know he would have enjoyed seeing all the restored old cars.  Shirley and I would have had our heads together looking and talking about all the old clothes.  Shirley and John collected antiques for many years and Shirley could have probably gave me an education as we looked at the exhibits.  

I felt like I was seeing the automobiles and costumes from Downton Abbey....I love that show!





I loved this old car!   Many pictures on the wall...this picture hanging by this car was an old hot rod jumping the train tracks as a train approches.


I remember having bell bottoms similar to the ones pictured in the sixties....and I thought they were a new and in thing!   

I don't know all the details of each car....but this one was so beautiful!



You know I love hats and making hats so the costumes took my eye.   I especially like this style....clothe hat, flapper hat...do you think that I was suppose to be born in the 20s?  










I hope I have not bored you too much.   Just a glimpse of Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan.
God bless you  and keep you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.