Monday, October 14, 2013

Colorful Fall Monday

Today is Monday, October 14, 2013.  It has been a beautiful day.  Cool in the 60s but the sun felt warm and the sky a beautiful blue.  Yesterday was very nice too.   I have been busy cutting apples, making apple pie, apple pie jam, and apple butter.  I also canned another 8 quarts of V-8 juice.  This afternoon I worked in my flower beds.  There is just a few lone blooms left.  I cut back brown and dry stems.  

This pampas grass is beautiful.  This plant is on the neighbor's to the west of our house. 

This is on the steep bank in front of our house.  I planted many grasses and plants so we will not need to mow it because it is so dangerous to mow and even use the weed eater.  People that live down on the lake shore say, "you are the people that live on the peak."  

This cushion flower was planted in June and it is still blooming.  






Earl, our neighbor gave us a box of little pumpkins.  I gave Evan several of them.  I washed these in a light bleach water and let them dry.  I put in the stems of leaves and flowers and used the little pumpkins to fill the glass cylinder container.

I might have moved but part of me loves my blue fruit jars and since they make me happy, I put them up on top of this cabinet.  Soon I will fill them with goodies.

My old hen and chicks and Grandma Cooper's old baking powder cans and of course blue fruit jars.

I have been so busy with unpacking and trying to get the house in order that I am just now adding the little decorating touches....I was beginning to think that I wouldn't even get any fall decorations out at all...but I got the table top decoration made before Thanksgiving!

I love all the beautiful trees and leaves.  Look at that blue sky.





Looking down at the lake from the peak.

I love to sit out on the front porch and watch the birds.  



Looking out my front door.
God bless you all!  Hope you had a wonderful day too!
Photo: Type, "Me" if God has blessed you! <3 GodVine

PIN IT: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/356699232957965461/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.