Sunday, August 19, 2012

Visit to Lake Michigan

After the fiber festival we drove down the shore of Lake Michigan and we saw some very beautiful  sites.

We admired the big beautiful expensive homes, the big boats, and the fabulous cars.   Who knew there was so much money out there!  Isn't it funny that  we all have different priorities in life.   I don't mean to put anyone down but I would be very bored after about a couple of hours on a boat, but I am sure those people on the boats would not enjoy standing out in the pastures petting sheep or cleaning out the barns.   So glad that God made us all different.  


first time Evan has ever put his feet in the sand...and he doesn't like it!



He doesn't like the water either.

The temp is nice and the people are enjoying the beach.


We did not drive on down to the light house, we were all tired and ready to get back to the house and eat supper.

Danny and I got up at 5:30 am this morning to drive the 8 and 1/2 hours to home.  We stopped 2 times  just for  very short break and  gas.   I will go back to work tomorrow morning.
We had a wonderful time with our daughter and grandson.  Evan is so much fun, he chatters and laughs most of the time.  Each time I leave any of my grandchildren I have a very sad feeling...they will change so much before I see them the next time.   I always pray as I leave their home or they drive out of our driveway that God will bless them and their home and that their journey home will be safe.

We did see rain in Michigan so I know it will fall in Missouri soon.



2 comments:

  1. How nice to have a little get away and see your grandson. It has been cooler up here this week. I wore long sleeves all day today, and night are quite cool but long range shows some heat by the weekend. I will have to take what we get. Are you back to school soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the cooler temps and my visit. School starts Wed but I have to be at work at 7:30 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.