Thursday, April 21, 2011

Trenton R-IX and Linn Co R-1 Schools Compete at the Brookfield Track Meet

Linn Co. R-1 dismissed early today for the Easter Holiday.  I have tomorrow off for Good Friday and Sunday is Easter.   I left school and went straight to Brookfield where my grandson and students at Linn R-1 were competeing in track.

 Some highlights of the Brookfield Track and Field Day from my camera lense.


Wyatt Coffman throwing shot put.


Wyatt putting everything into throwing 39ft and 2 inches and placing 8th out of 30 competitors from 27 schools, big and small.

As my grandson gets older, in fact next week he will celebrate his 16th birthday, he continues to grow.  I think he will grow into a big guy.  Wyatt is in 10th grade...how big of a guy will he be and how far will he being throwing the shotput by the time he is a Senior?

Wyatt also competed in the Thrower's co-ed Relay... I did not realize that he could pick them up and set them down so fast...his team won first place in this event.

 Wyatt getting ready for the hand off...he has the bright green shoes.








 

Good hand off!

The winds were strong and cold but the competition went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.