Sunday, March 24, 2013

Whew! What a Week or Lambing has Begun 2013

We had our first lamb on the Coffman Spinning C yesterday...a fitting way to end the week!

Evie in her coat made by Jami of the Cooke Sheep Co.  Evie is a BFL cross.  Her sire is Logan and her grandpa is Liam, Great grandpa is White Knight.    Her greatmother was a shetland...Evie jumped up so fast after being born, her mother was still lying there looking at her behinny wondering what in the world just happened.  She would get up and look for her baby but the baby was clear across the pen.  

My kitchen table is covered with goodies for Easter and Birthdays for the grand babies.

Can't see it in this picture but it is snowing down as I go from the barn to the house after a ewe check.  I am so ready for Spring.  I need to see some green grass, flowers...I can dream!

Tea time...I love a strong honey sweetened hot tea to take the chill out of my cold body after choring outside.

Danny took care of the shearing on Tuesday.  I cam home to the back of the pickup filled with sacks of wool.   Now I have to find the time to skirt and sort all these bags.  I have several ladies waiting on me...please be patient.  We also had to pull a big calf from a small momma on Tuesday night.

Load of wool.

Blue Bird's wool.
Beautiful Sadie keeps track of all the babies born on this farm.

1 comment:

  1. The wool looks lovely. Best wishes on your lambing season. I am all done, and into maple syrup season now. Go,go,go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.