Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Son!

41 years ago today I went to see the doctor for a check up.  The sun was shining, it was a Saturday morning.   It was unseasonably warm. I was in a short sleeve top.  (Some special days that you never forget a detail.)   The doctor told me to go on over to the hospital because I was about ready to bring you into this world.  My labor was about 2 hours long.  Back then they took you back to the nursery to clean you up and I was wheeled back to my room.  They got me all taken care of and as soon as they left, I walked down to the window of the nursery and watched the nurses give you your first bath.  I just wanted to hold you in my arms.


 We brought you home in our 69 camaro.  Windows cracked open because you were sweating ...we went by farmers planting corn in late February that year... you even had a heat rash because your 19 year old mother had too many clothes on you.
Ryan Daniel Coffman had a smile that melted his mother's heart.  Your dad would hear you laugh and he would laugh and then you laughed harder because Daddy was laughing at you.    After you had Wyatt, you now know how those smiles melt your heart.

As you got older, you wanted to do what the other kids were doing. You wanted the hair high lighted...so we did it.  I love your dimples.   I usually found you outside.  You could never go by a mud puddle without going through it from the time you could just waddle to the days when you drove the old Chevy truck.    You grew up so fast!



I found this picture of you and I saw your son.

Happy Birthday!
I continue to pray for you, your family, your home, that you are blessed with love, peace, joy, good health,  and more than what you will ever need.
Life on this earth is like a vapor and I am so thankful that God gave me 4 beautiful children that have been the joy of my life...then God blessed me with grandchildren.
Happy Birthday to my wonderful Son.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.