Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Where has this year went?

Can you believe it, we are in the middle of December...I have not even got all my calendars changed to 2012 yet!  I think it is true, as you get older, time seems to go faster.   Are you ready for Christmas?  I am not done shopping and I don't have the tree up yet...the lady that always puts her tree up on Thanksgiving afternoon for years.

Our home was torn up for so many months due to the kitchen and bathroom remodel.  We are about to wind these projects up now.  At least I have some order back in my life.  If we ever do anything like this again, I will hire professionals, move out until the job is finished, come back home, do an inspection and pay them and move back in...I hate my life in a mess.  Lord help me, I am not good with change or messes.  Danny got me a new cinnamon red kitchenaide stand mixer...it is a knock out...I love it.

We went to Michigan to spend Thanksgiving with Angie's family this year. We enjoyed our little grandson, Evan so much.  He is quite a little character.  We had a great time but I was dragging when we got back home.  Then I came down with the flu...talk about sucking air.  I chilled, vomited, had diarrhea, then the upper respiratory junk moved in.  I kid you not, I sat up in my recliner to be able to sleep from Friday night till the following Wednesday night.  I am feeling much better but the wind is gone out of my sails.

The sheep are doing well.  I purchased 3 registered BFL bred ewes and a new BFL ram this fall.  Logan was used to breed about 1/3 of the flock.  Sheep breeding season is about over.  We will go pick up 2 bred ewes.  One of the ewes that I purchased...and of course it was the ewe that I wanted the most, got her head in a hay fence and broke her neck.  The ewe that died was Sarah.    She was a nice pretty ewe and I was so excited to add her to my flock.  One of the ewes is Liam's sister.  She is a smaller ewe.  I have always said that The Lord manages my flock.  I ask God always before I make any decisions about the direction our breeding program will go.  I put all my trust in Him to know what is best.  As Danny and I walk through the flock and look at the wonderful wool, we just give thanks.  We have some beautiful ewes.

We  plan to add some more cows to our herd and to improve our pastures this coming year.  We decided that we will not rent out any of our land this coming year.  We hope to build fences, make improvements, fertilize and seed our pastures and hopefully have some great hay next summer.  We have been praying about this for several years now.  We know that God will not give you more than you can handle and we want to honor Him in our home and land.  We are blessed and we give Thanks for the many blessings that He has given us.

I hope to start cleaning my upstairs next week.  I will sell some of my wool that I have washed up.  Email me if you are interested in any fiber.  I have been so busy that I have not been spinning or knitting or weaving...time to clean things up and make room to play upstairs.  Life is passing me by!  I will sell the whole fleece or by the pound.  I plan to send off a few fleeces to have processed into yarn so I can do some weaving.  I would also like to have some pen roving to weave.

I will take some pictures upstairs and post a blog on fiber in the next day or so.

God bless.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.