Friday, February 10, 2012

I got the dye kettles back out last weekend and dyed Gerty's fleece.    I can picture the colorways in my head, dreaming of the batts that I will produce out of my favorite fleece.





This is the drum carder that I would like to sell.  It is in very good shape and does a wonderful job...I  will be getting  a new one that is larger and motorized so that I can do more in house wool processing.


Little ewe lamb from last Spring.  Loved her fleece.


Picture taken the last and one of the very few snows that we have had this winter.  It feels so odd to have  no snow after the winter we had last year.  Ahhhhh, I will take the winter we are having and praise God!
Cable knit hat that I have already sent to Michigan.  Angie loves hats.
more colors

For some reason I am having trouble editing the pictures and loading them where I want them today.  This is more colors of fiber from the dye pot.

I am sorry that my blogs have been so far and few lately.  I have been battling a cold since last November and about the time I think I have it made, I come down with another cold.  I go to work, come home, do chores, fix supper and clean up and go to my recliner and crash....get up the next day and do it all over again.
I have also been having trouble loading pictures to my blog and once I get them loaded....they just go where they want to go and I can't rearrange them.
Lambing won't start until April.  I will soon be cleaning lambing jugs and preparing for the new babies.
Next month we will be shearing again.  Only 19 sheep this year!  We won't spend the whole day shearing....I kinda like this but I do miss my girls that I sold.
I am talking to other BFL and BL breeders to get some more registered ewes. (just a few)  Our fiber continues to improve with every passing year.
We may get some snow the first of the week, and that is OK but I am praying that we won't get the freezing rain.
Valentine's Day is almost here, what are you dong for your Valentines?








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors Sarita! I hope you will be on the mend and feeling better before lambing starts. We have had little snow this year too for which I am infinitely grateful. I have been wondering what you've been up to so was glad to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What beautiful colors and fleece!I have really enjoyed visiting your blog and hope you are feeling better:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.