Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tea Cosy Swap

A few weeks ago I signed up for the Tea Cozy Swap on Mary Jane's Connection. I began looking for pattens for tea cozys that very day. I have sewed a cozy, needle felted two cozies and then knitted and felted and then embellished with wool, yarn, and my old buttons from my button jar. I hope Cathy likes the one that I made for her. I plan to mail it to her on Monday

I have to admit that I have had a good time and besides that I have come to know another person in my life. Another thing, Missouri has had some very cold days lately...many cold days and I have found that these tea cozies really work to keep your hot tea hot.
I also made a small rice pillow and a cover to set my tea pot on to help keep it warm. I filled a 6inch x 6 inch square of white cotton material sewed all the way around except for a small turning hole, put about a 1/4 cup of rice in this small square then made a cover just like I would for a big pillow. When you set the hot pot on this pillow, the rice heats up. I then put the tea cosy over my pot and the tea is warm all afternoon.
The red and blue cozy were wool from my sheep that I washed, carded, dyed, and then wet felted. The flowers on the blue tea cozy were neddle felted as well as the cup on the red cozy. I also made a cotton fabric lining and put in a wool batting.
I really liked the cozy that I sewed but Cathy said she had a 8 cup pot and it just did fit my 4 cupper. I may try to make another one and make the pattern bigger.
Another discovery that I made while making the cozies was....I have more tea pots than I thought I had...lot count at 13 pots. I love TEA and TEA Pots and I also like cups of all kinds. I collect china cup and saucers. I also love pottery cups...big thick cups.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cozies! I'm glad you put a link to your blog on the MJF site:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH,now I wish I had joined this one. Your cozy is adorable-every one of them!!!!!

    Your sheep are just plain cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, Autumn, you must join in the next one...I don't have much time to join the swaps but I had lots of fun on this one and I received such a beautiful cozy in return.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.