Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday Night Drive Through at Gilmores




Danny and I went shopping for groceries and supplies today.  It is fall now so we are buying more  getting ready for winter...oh gee...I hope we don't have another winter like last winter.  Many are predicting it will be a bad winter so we just want to get ready and be prepared.  

As I was putting away the last of the groceries  Danny and I heard some loud cars going by, hot rods...oh no, it is Wednesday night and Gilmores has a drive through.  Danny and I love to look at the old cars...the hotter they are the more we enjoy them. 



I would like to share some pictures of our evening...and it is the last Wednesday night drive through this year.



The old Diner was busy tonight.  The smell of hamburgers cooking, people sitting out at the picnic tables in the beautiful fall weather enjoying a meal together or eating an ice cream cone....that is what Danny and I decided to have tonight.
Add caption

The inside of the old diner...we sat in a booth to enjoy our ice cream.















 

A Camaro the same color as our 69.  My heart was beating and I had a homesick feeling when I saw this car.  It was not just like our car that we dated in and later drove until our family started growing but from a distance, I was hoping that it was it.  Isn't it funny what triggers so many memories?   Dating in 1969, going to the Browning bottom or west of Milan to drag race, it was fast and our lives were moving fast getting married, having our first baby, driving our sick little baby to Children's Mercy in my arms and coming home without her and then a year later having our son and bringing him home from the hospital...trading the car that I truly loved to get a larger car when we had our second baby.   Also a wee bit of me misses the days of my youth...CCR playing on the eight track, going fast and loving it.  44 yrs later, I seem to move at one speed and I look in the mirror and don't see the same person that I did back then.  But I think I could still put the old girl through the paces and get off the line and hold my breath until we reached the finish line...some things never change.

God bless you all.  I hope you had a wonderful day today.  I pray for this country, for my family and friends, and I give thanks for all the memories...God bless you all!
























 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.