Sunday, September 5, 2010

Easy Peasy Pie Crust

Danny suggested that he would like to have a pie today.  I also had a box of pears that were ready to be processed.  Danny suggested Pear Butter.  I was not aware that he liked pear butter.  He admitted that he had never had pear butter.  I used the recipe in the Ball Canning Book. 
We will taste the wares this winter when something sweet on a hot biscuit hits the spot.

Easy Peasy Pie Crust...No rolling pin needed.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2/3 cup shortening  (I use the butter flavored Crisco)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water, boiling
1 1/2 cups flour

In a mixing bowl, using my stand mixer, I cream shortening with 1 teaspoon salt. (this is to your taste, I use 1 teaspoon)
Mix in boiling water; stir in flour.
Press crust into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Crimp edges.
If I want a rolled crust, I put the ball of dough between 2 pieces of parachment paper and roll out. 
I sometimes make the dough ahead and put the sheets of pie crust in the refr. until I am ready to make the pie.
This always turns out flaky and very simple to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy your comments so feel free to leave one if you please.